By all accounts, one of the most visited landmark and considered one of the most emblematic buildings in Buenos Aires. The Pink House in English is the executive mansion and office of the President of Argentina. Located at the eastern end of the Plaza de Mayo, a large square and surrounded by the Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral and other large structures.
Casa Rosada was also made famous by one of its most notable resident, Eva Perón, wife of Argentine president Juan Peron, who was the first lady of Argentina from 1946 until her death in 1952. As first lady, Eva Perón, fondly called “Evita” by many, played a major role in her husband’s administration. She is widely remembered for her efforts to help the poor and for her role in getting women the vote.
A close-up of the famous balcony where Eva Peron addressed the “descamisados“masses of ‘shirtless ones’ – the couples largest group of workers/supporters of her husband Juan Perón.
Angle view of Casa Rosada.
Main façade as seen from Plaza de Mayo with a blue tarp blocking partial view due to construction in the middle of the plaza.